Sunday, April 24, 2011
Things that go bump in the night...
Last night, Josh was at studio (where else would he be) and I was reading a book late into the night. I try not to read very often because when I do I get sucked and and will stop everything to finish a book. I had time this weekend though so it was a good chance to read. About 11:30, I thought I heard someone messing with our door. I'm pretty sure it was just a random noise (or perhaps the Easter bunny) but it was dark and I was by myself so my fight or flight instincts kicked in. I laid there for a minute trying to convince myself it was nothing and wishing I had my taser nearby. Of course, by now I can hear every creak and squeak so I start devising a plan. First, I put the cell phone under the covers with me so if someone opened the bedroom door I could dial with my left hand while appearing to be frozen in shock. That wasn't a great plan for several reasons. One, there is a lock code and a few buttons to push before I would even get to the phone. Two, I am not ambidextrous at all and the phone was on my left side. My next idea was that if the door opened I would throw myself out the window by the bed and run somewhere. Again, not great because I'm not sure how much force it would take to jump through a window but I know that the two feet I had to get a running start wouldn't be enough.Also, I'm not sure exactly where I would run to. So finally, I just opened the door and peeked out. It was terrifying for a second until I realized I was by myself and all the doors were still locked tight. So, I finished the book turned off the light and went to sleep. Amazingly, I woke up this morning without being attacked and didn't even have to burst through the window. I have always been and probably will always be scared of things that go bump in the night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment